The question I get asked most frequently is which beauty products do I use and what are some of my beauty tips. If you’re anything like me, walking into a cosmetic store can be sort of overwhelming because there are so many options and I don’t always know which would work best for me. Through years of modeling and working with some really amazing make up artists, I’ve narrowed it down to my very favorite MUST HAVE beauty essentials.
1. Concealers have been my biggest nemesis. I have the curse of the lovely dark circles and nothing seemed to conceal well and look natural…that is until I found the Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer kit and Corrector, which is my FAV. I apply the Creamy Concealer kit under my eyes and apply the powder that it comes with on top of that and it holds the perfect coverage all day.
2. I have two favorite foundations. One for when I want a heavier coverage and one for a little more dewy finish. Personally, I like a thicker matte coverage so I use Double Wear in Ivory Beige most days and apply the Laura Mercier finishing powder to complete my look. A little bit goes a very long way so this foundation usually lasts me a long time! I apply every foundation I use with disposable sponges because brushes often irritate my skin.
3. In the event that I’m having a particularly rough day where I’m running on 3 hours of sleep (which has been happening way more than I’d like it to lately) I like to apply the Corrector underneath the Creamy Concealer kit but what I really love using it for is covering up blemishes. It looks so natural and really does it’s job of hiding what I think needs to be hidden.
4. Number one beauty product I can’t live without? And I mean I literally won’t leave the house without using it…the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Taupe. YOU GUYS, I can’t stress the importance of eyebrows. I could write a whole post just about brows, but they really are so important because they can totally complete a look and transform your eyes. There was a time when I did it all wrong and thought having painted on amazon eyebrows would somehow transform me into Cara Delevingne, however it just made me look like I had commas for eyebrows. Dark eyebrows are really popular right now but having a eyebrow color that is complimentary to your skin tone and hair color is much more flattering. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different eyebrow colors. I love this pencil because it is so easy to shape and blend your eyebrows. It’s so important that when you are filling in your eyebrows you keep it symmetrical and close to your natural eyebrow shape. If you’re unsure of what shape your eyebrows are or how to fill them in correctly, Anastasia has some really amazing eyebrow stencils (check them out here) that I would recommend.
5. This blush is my fav. Every color from the Color Pop Collection by Clinique is awesome and you can’t go wrong with any of them. The colors are vibrant but go on sheer and give you the perfect flushed look without being too pink. The color I use daily is Peach Pop.
6. If I’m going out or getting ready for a photo shoot I love to use this highlighter. It adds such a nice glow to your look and can really help accentuate your eyes and cheekbones.
7. When I want to give my skin a break I love the Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation in Hazlenut Beige. The consistency is really light and airy but gives you just enough coverage. I normally use the Finishing Powder on top of that as well to give me a more matte look because my skin can get shiny.
8. I have stuck with this bronzer for years. I am not a big fan of shimmer bronzers and sometimes I feel like matte bronzers can go on too heavy but this one is the perfect consistency. It’s easy to blend and the brush that it comes with is great for contouring.
9. My favorite finishing powder. It really helps to keep your make up on lockdown and give you that “I just got my make up done” look all day. I’m all about durability. If it helps me minimize touch ups all day, I’m it’s number one fan.
1. This is another one of my can’t live without it beauty essentials. A lot of people take advantage of eyeshadow primers, but like I said before, I’m all about durability and that’s what eyeshadow primer offers. It feels as lightweight as concealer but keeps your eyeshadow looking perfect all day and helps from eyeshadow dropping and making my dark circles look worse than they need to. My favorite is this MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
2. This white shadow is perfect for brightening and highlighting the eyelid. I love to apply it to the corner, eyelid, and lower part of my eye to keep it highlighted in the corners and keep my eyes looking bright.
3. This pinkish gold shadow is perfect for the eyelid. It’s not too dark and really adds some definition and really pops the color in your eyes. It has a slight shimmer and is so silky soft. This shadow is my favorite to throw on if I’m just running errands because it is so easy to blend and looks so natural.
4. This bronze shadow is perfect for defining your brow bone. I use it on the outside corner of my eyes, but when I want a little more definition or a slight smokey eye I apply it along my bottom lash line as well.
5. This thing is my grocery store gold mine. I have always had a love hate relationship with liquid liners. Felt liners were to thick and would dry out, liquid liner in a pot never applied correctly and would smudge everywhere. This bad boy has a fine tip brush that applies like a pen and lasts all day.
6. To create the illusion of creating more fullness on your lashes I apply this liner to my inside water line on my top lashes. Sounds kind of scary, I know, but I swear by this little trick. It really helps pop your eyes and open them up.
7. This eyelash curler is my favorite of all the eyelash curlers I’ve used. It doesn’t create that crease in your lashes that sometimes happens with other curlers and keeps my lashes curled all day.
8. Mascara is a tough subject and it’s hard to find one that is just right. It’s always a bit too runny, too thick, dries out too fast or you have to apply so many of layers of it to even make a dent. This mascara is the perfect consistency. A little bit goes a long way and it really ads fullness to my lashes and never clumps.
9. These are my best kept secret. I have tried eyelash extensions, I have tried strips of lashes, but nothing compares to these individual falsies. They look so natural and the best part is you can decide how many you want to put on or where you want to apply them. I love putting them on the corner of my lashes to complete my look, especially when I’m heading out or am getting ready for a shoot.
1. MAC Snob is my favorite pink lipstick
2. This is another one of my grocery store jackpots. It’s Revlon Berry Haute. It’s the perfect purple/pink shade and doesn’t totally dry out your lips like most other lipsticks do. It’s perfect in any season and any occasion. This was my go to lip color for dance performances last year and is one of my favorite every day lip colors now.
3. The perfect red lipstick. It stays on all day. It can dress up any outfit and boost your confidence levels about 10x. If you’re looking for the perfect red lipstick, NARS Heat Wave is definitely it.
4. Another one of my favorite purple/pink shades is NARS Audacious Lipstick in Fanny. I love this color for the fall. It’s the perfect combination of girly and edgy and looks amazing with any outfit.
5. I’ve never been a huge fan of lipgloss. It’s usually too sticky or too shiny for me but the make up artist that did my make up for my engagements (Vivian Johnson, check her out she’s AMAZING) bought it for me as a gift and I keep it in my purse with me 24/7. It feels like a lip butter and is the perfect light shade of pink, not to mention it smells so delicious that you want to eat it.
6. Dark red lips are one of my absolute favorite Fall/Winter beauty trends and NARS Scarlet Empress is by far my favorite dark red lip I’ve tried.
7. The search for the perfect nude lip is over. I’m obsessed with Naked 2 by Urban Decay. It’s a smooth, glossy, buttery nude lip so it stays on all day and keeps your lips nice and hydrated.